Reading Time: 6 minutes read
Someone once said, “In the cookies of life, sisters are the chocolate chips.” If you have a sister or are a sister, that quote probably makes a lot of sense to you. That particular set of siblings share and embrace moments that make them laugh and sometimes cry. They may not always agree, but they always have each other.
Siblings do have the occasional disagreement, but it’s not enough to disrupt the natural connection sisters possess. Those moments tend to build the foundation of a deep relationship to get past whatever comes between you.
It should also be noted that sister-like relationships exist. Even though you don’t share the same mother doesn’t mean really good friends shouldn’t celebrate National Sisters Day.
This article aims to remind those who are lucky enough to have that kind of bond, what they have and how they can celebrate it.
What Is National Sister Day?
National Sisters Day celebrates the unique bond between sisters. Sisterhoods develop in a great number of ways. Those who develop a relationship with their spouse’s sisters understand. This holiday also belongs to women who support each other through difficult times. However, the sibling relationship is usually the strongest as it’s a relationship that’s developed over a lifetime. The variety of experiences sibling sisters share make those the strongest.
As life often dictates, sisters are sometimes spread apart across the country or even around the world. Taking the time to reflect on what your relationship means only strengthens the sisterhood. It closes any distance that may exist.
When Is National Sister Day?
This year, Sisters Day 2021 is August 1st. It’s normally celebrated on the first Sunday in the month of August. So, as you’re reading this you have a little time to prepare and make thoughtful, personalized gifts for sisters. With your understanding of your sister, it’s easy to know what they really like. And if you don’t it’s never too late to find out. National Sisters Day is the time to celebrate your sisterly bond.
If you think about it, any day is a good day to celebrate sisterhood. It’s always a good time to give them a call or a visit whenever you need a dose of sibling joy. Give them something that lets them know how much they mean to you whenever you like. Generosity has a way of finding its way back to you. Giving simply makes us better people whether we’re related or not. Gifts aren’t always something purchased. Your presence or time can be just as valuable.
Gift Ideas for Your Sister
But what do you get a sister who already has you? All kidding aside, there are plenty of great gifts for sister ideas right here for you. Like we mentioned before, gifts for sisters don’t have to be something you purchase. Togetherness is a gift that keeps on giving.
However, if you prefer to give something that involves wrapping paper and possibly a bow, here’s a few winners.
- Flowers – There’s a pretty good chance you know your sister’s favorite type of flower. A bouquet of flowers is certain to bring a smile to her face. If you deliver them yourself you have the opportunity to create a custom card to include the perfect photos and the right words you might not find in stores. Creating something customized is the little extra that really gets noticed.
- Spa Day – If your sister enjoys a bit of pampering, set up a visit for her. Better yet, make it a reservation for two and bask in the treatments together.
- Something handcrafted – Take a look at your phone or camera and scroll to find all the photos of you and your sister. It took you a while to find them all, right? What if you could put them all in one place? Gathering them all into a printed photo book is one of the best personalized gifts for sisters you could give. Enter as many of the details or sister quotes alongside the photos as you like. Or print your favorite photo onto gallery-quality stretched canvas to hang somewhere special as a daily reminder of your bond.
- Sibling photoshoot – If you happen to live close or have to travel great distances to see your sister, find a photographer to take some professional shots of you and your sib. This takes the pressure off you taking your own and also lets you shine in the focus of the shot. There are plenty of obvious sibling poses to try but here are a few other ideas if you’re looking for something different.
- Something tasty – Take her out for brunch or buy her a basket full of her favorites like a bottle of bubbles, handmade chocolates, cheeses, or cookies. If you’re lucky, she might even share it with you!
- A piece of jewelry – Give a keepsake to your sister in the form of engraved jewelry. Put a phrase or saying onto the underside of a necklace or bracelet. This way she’ll feel like she’s carrying a little of you around with her whenever she wears it.
Personalize Your Gift with the Best Sister Quotes
So while you’re deciding what to make your sister for National Sisters Day, sometimes including famous sister day quotes makes it even better. Especially if that person is a favorite of your sister. Put sister quotes in a custom card or on a gallery-quality canvas featuring photos of you both.
We led this story with a really sweet quote that included chocolate chips. Here’s a few more famous sister quotes to use in your gift:
- “Sisters make the best friends in the world.” – Marilyn Monroe
- “Don’t talk about my sister; don’t play with me about my sister. If you do, you’ll see another side of me.” – Beyoncé
- “If your sister is in a tearing hurry to go out and cannot catch your eye, she’s wearing your best sweater.” – Pam Brown
- “Is solace anywhere more comforting than in the arms of a sister.” – Alice Walker
Put any of these in a custom card or canvas, or all of them in a photo book featuring your favorite sister moments.
Celebrate National Sister Day!
Right about now you might be thinking what kind of sorcery or magic it takes to create a custom photo book, card, or canvas for a thoughtful photo gift. You don’t even have to employ your kids or nephews to handle the technical stuff.
Simply download Motif Photos to your Mac laptop or desktop, your iPhone or iPad. It works exclusively with Apple Photos where all your best sister pics already live. Just think how nice it would be to sit beside a sister or two and page through a professionally printed photo book filled with your favorite sister photos.
What did you think of this article?